Sunday, July 15, 2012

ghost town

These last few weeks have been so crazy over here.  When things get wild I tend to turn into a recluse.  Odd isn't it?  That's just what happens.  So let me fill you in on what we've been up to shall I..


I have moved to a new salon.  It's so exciting and scary all at the same time.  You see I am not one for change.  I'm a creature of habit and get supper overwhelmed with change in my life.  Having a baby has helped me accept change faster than I used to, obviously because things change like every four minutes after you have a baby.  Although I try to relax and let life happen I like to control as much around me as possible.  Bad habit, I know and am working on that.  I found myself not looking forward to going to work.  Which is not like me at all.  I love my job.  Working with clients and making them feel pretty is the most rewarding thing.  And I get to be creative, make my own schedule, and dress how I like.  Pretty great right!  I was working at a salon that I had been at for years and the thought of leaving was heart wrenching.  Things were happening that I wasn't on board with and I never felt like I had a voice working there.  And I believe that if you aren't happy with something in your life you have the power to fix it.  Wether it's an attitude change or in my case, moving on.  And that's just what I did.  I took a job offer at a really cute salon that is all organic and natural.  Right up my alley.  I'm proud of myself for making this decision for myself and for my family.  David was so supportive and encouraging.  He's proud of me too.  I'm becoming braver and more confident everyday, and I think I have Quinne to thank for that.  


And, David recently got a promotion at work!  He works him bum off and it's about time.  David is such a hard worker and wants to support Quinne and me, and for that I am so grateful.  With this promotion the only downside is that he will be traveling out of town more than ever.  Something that, surprisingly, I've come to deal with.  No more calling right at five to make sure he is off and headed home, and no more pouting about being home by myself at night.  Well, I've mostly stopped all that.  I'm really proud of him and so thankful that our family is being taken care of.  We have so much to be thankful for.  I'm deeply humbled by the fact that we can pay our mortgage each month and have groceries in our pantry.  


So to celebrate we went to dinner.  It was fun and well deserved!  


tee:AA//jacket:UO//trousers&sandals:Anthropologie


on Sunday we went out to Edna Valley Winery to celebrate our friends birthday.  It was the most beautiful day to celebrate a birthday.  Wearing the same tee from the night before, of course.  






Happy weekend friends!
Love,
Noelle








1 comment:

  1. Congrats to you both for the jobs!!! You have such an upbeat attitude about your new place that I KNOW it will work out. When you told me about the salon it sounded so cute! You will have to post some photos! xo

    ReplyDelete