Friday, March 22, 2013

take me back

There are very few things I miss about pre-baby life.  I had fun before she came, but I would have to say I don't find myself missing cocktails or evenings in cute heels with my friends.  Some days when I can't remember the last time I washed my hair or if I even brushed my teeth I think, "what the hell has happened?  I need a drink".  But those days are few and far between these days.  I love being Quinnes mom.  I'm so lucky to have such a fun and sassy little girl.  I'll tell you what I miss.  

Spontaneity.

Being able to leave on a moments notice for the weekend.  Or having a dinner in a restaurant past 5:30.  Leaving on vacation and only having to make sure the doors were all locked.  Tonight I find myself reminiscing past vacations and wanting a day with David on a warm beach, no cares in the world.

I know we will travel again, and it will be wonderful, but until then I am left flipping through photos of a time when being young and in love was all we had.



















1 comment:

  1. I know it's not the same, but if you guys ever want to be spontaneous and come to our house one night we would love that :) Quinne and the pups too!

    ReplyDelete