Thursday, May 2, 2013

MInnesota is for lovers, part one

We did the most daring thing parents can do with their children this past weekend.  We flew on a plane.  And it was every parents nightmare come to life.  More on that another time, let's focus on the fun part first, shall we.

We headed out West to Minnesota to visit some very dear friends.  Scott and Jamie are friends that everyone wants in life.  So generous, funny and kind.  We have so much fun together and I'm so lucky they are in my life.  And their little boy Jesse is the cutest kid around.  Being with them all weekend felt so comfortable and easy I wish we could stay for weeks.  (they might have a different opinion!)  If only we all lived in the same city(I'd even take state!)...

I had never been to the Mid West and only had movies like Fargo and people saying 'Don't-cha know' as a reference.  I knew it was crazy cold for way too long, and there were a lot of lakes.  Also, Scott Fitzgerald was from Minneapolis and I really love all his books.  But that's it.  So I was really excited to be tourists and explore with our friends.  We went with no agenda and a camera ready to be used.  The weather was surprisingly warm and all the snow had melted in time for this baby(me) to have a good time.  And a good time we had.  Quinne had her first doughnut from an amazing little shop just around the corner from their house, we saw beautiful lakes and so many Minnesotans enjoying the first warm day in over 5 months.  We played and laughed and drank a lot of coffee.  Basically a normal weekend with friends.  Perfect.  




















Part two will come soon!  And our flying experience(I'm still recovering)...

No comments:

Post a Comment