Tuesday, November 27, 2012

finding mr. right

I'm a little over the top when it comes to Christmas time.  So I apologize in advance for the overload of Christmas themed posts and pictures.  It's just too much fun not to share!

I believe that as soon as Thanksgiving is over Christmas decorating can begin.  If I wasn't lazy I would probably start before but truth be told I'm lazy, and really bad at organizing my life.  After taking some family pictures the other night we ended up going to get our tree.  This is one of my favorite parts of the decorating.  Once you have the tree all things come together.  The mantel that has tinsel and stockings already doesn't seem so out of place and the smell of pine really gets you in the mood for hot chocolate or a good gin and tonic.  Whatever suits you.

We go to a little local spot that sings Christmas time and makes my insides all warm and fuzzy.  And taking Quinne there this year felt so special.   I love sharing our traditions with her, even though she has know idea that she is a part of something pretty wonderful.  Nor did she care that we were in a forest.  She was quite unimpressed with our outing, as usual.  Hopefully one day she will and I'll just about die with happiness.

Picking out a tree is fun, but to tell you the truth overwhelming.  I mean there are hundreds of options at every turn, each one looking better than the last.  How the hell are you supposed to choose in a sea of green, bushy bliss?  I think that I looked at every tree on the lot.  I made David move trees so I could see the one I had zeroed in on, and without fully seeing it's potential I was on to the next victim.  We would stop in front of massive trees that belonged in Disneyland and joked about having a tree like the Griswalds.  Not only were they huge but cost an arm and a leg.  Yikes!  I could've been there all night pacing around while I chewed off my fingernails looking for the 'perfect' tree.  Thank goodness David won't allow my fingers to turn to nubs, and gave me two to pick from and that's it.  So we picked our perfect tree.




clearly not impressed


she might think it's real


I really might not leave with free popcorn!
patting the deer

Happy tree hunting my friends!

Love, 
Noelle

No comments:

Post a Comment