Monday, June 24, 2013

bloat be gone

It's safe to say that I have a very sensitive stomach.  Too sensitive for my liking, but it is what it is.  And after having Quinne it has only gotten worse.  I am a pretty good and healthy eater for the most part.  I can't eat dairy without having the worst stomach ache of all times and I've cut out gluten almost all together.  My sister has ciliac and my mom and I are both gluten intolerant so it's just the safe thing to do.

Lately I've been splurging more than usual and my body is mad.  I inhaled a slice of pizza the other night and instantly thought I was going to throw up.  Maybe it had to do with the fact that I ate it in about 30 seconds, but I think it was more.  I was on the floor of the bathroom taking deep breaths like I was sick from drinking too much or I was pregnant again!  Neither of the two were the case.  So it's easy to put myself on a detox week after the pizza fiasco and a bloated stomach that is not cute at all.  And it's really so sad because I love pizza so so much.  I just wish it liked me back.  

Over the week I'm going to share some of my favorite things that I eat and drink.  A lot of veggies and smoothies are on the menu.  For today I'm making ginger tea.  I love ginger, and it is so good for you.  It helps with digestion(yes!), blood circulation, strengthens immunity, and helps relieve stress.  It does more, those are just my favorites!

Ginger tea

I made a lot so I could use it for a few days.  You can serve it cold or hot, both are delicious.  Store up to three days in the fridge.  
per 4 cups of boiling water

4 teaspoons of finely grated ginger
4 tablespoons of fresh squeezed lemon juice
3 teaspoons of raw honey( more or less depending on your sweet tooth)

Mix all ingredients in a bowl and let sit while water is boiling.  Pour boiling water into bowl and whisk all together.  The ginger pulp will float to the top and it you want to remove it use a fine mesh strainer.  Or you could leave it if you like that pulpy feel.  

Enjoy right away or not.  It's a perfect beverage from morning to night.  


very simple ingredients 
do yourself a favor and get a zester! 
whisk away

I don't mind a little pulp, but that's too much for me!

Yum.




No comments:

Post a Comment