Friday, June 14, 2013

life lessons

Stop caring about what other people think of you.  

A small little sentence that has taken me just about thirty years to accept and do.

It seems like something that I should've realized a long time ago.  Something that has always rung through my ears and heart but with little action on my part.  It's a very safe and true statement to say that I am a people pleaser.  Rarely do I defend myself when I know I'm not the one in the wrong, saying sorry over and over until I can't say it enough.  I want to be everyones friend and I want everyone to think that I'm a good person.  Because, to tell you the truth, I am a good friend and a good person.  I have many many flaws just like the next person but that doesn't make me bad or wrong.  I have made so many mistakes it gives me a stomach ache, but I can't go back in time to fix them.  We are only left with the lesson we hopefully learned and a new chance to start over.

I am thankful that each day is new.  I am thankful that my past has brought me to this exact place in time.  I feel like I have aged twenty years in just a month.  Things that I have been questioning and looking for answers to have shown themselves to me.  I feel wise and confident about my future.  I know not everyone is going to like me throughout my life and I can't be everyones friend.  But for those that I get to have relationships with I desire them to be strong, uplifting relationships.  I feel a change in my heart of who I want to be from here on out.  I want to be someone people can come to for encouragement and a hug.  I want to be wise.  I want to ignore petty, hurtful things that come my way and remember I am a good person with a good heart.

I'm challenging myself to stop dwelling on the past and the weight that is on my heart.  So often I forget that I am a good person who loves her family and friends fiercely.  I would give my life for a friend.  The shirt off my back.  It's so easy to run yourself into the ground and let hurtful things eat away at you.  The insecurities of others can be a vicious tool in bringing you down.  Sadly,  I have let my own insecurities hurt relationships and many times peoples insecurities have hurt me deeply.  I'm looking for a fresh start and wanting to stay true to myself and who I want to be.  I owe that to myself.  And I owe it to Quinne, or any other kids we may have someday.  To be strong and not waiver who you are for the sake of making other people happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment